A glorious dish this, enjoy…
You will need:
From >a href=’/shop’>Our Shop
8 Sole/Plaice Fillets
250g smoked haddock
1 egg white
1 egg yolk
2 tbsp double cream
1 tbsp parsley
1 pint fish stock
2 fl. oz Noilly Pratt
3 fl. oz. sour cream
½ teaspoon cornflour
salt & pepper
Juice ½ lemon
250g seedless white grapes
1. Process the smoked haddock with the egg white, cream and chopped parsley to make a smooth paste and chill.
2. Boil the fish stock and reduce to ¼ pint. Cool and add the Noilly Pratt.
3. In a bowl, blend together the cream, egg yolk and cornflour.
4. Skin the fish fillets and spread a little of the haddock mixture onto each one before rolling up and placing on their ends in a baking dish.
5. Pour the Noilly Pratt mixture over the fish and bake in a preheated oven 200°C/Gas Mark 6/bottom shelf Aga Roasting oven for around 10 to 15 minutes.
6. Remove the fish and keep warm.
7. Pour the juices into a pan and boil for around 5 minutes before gradually adding the cornflour mixture. Season with salt, pepper, pinch Cayenne and a little lemon juice and whisk in softened butter. Do not boil this mixture.
8. Place a little sauce on each plate and top with a couple of the fish paupiettes, decorate with halved grapes. Any remaining sauce can be handed around separately.